iSphere - compare/merge editor
Mike Fisbeck
2014-09-25 17:21:20 UTC
This is the closest utility we have found to be usable in our shop. Due to our strict coding standards, I would like to suggest additional enhancements.

First, would it be possible to add a "column range" or at least a "beginning column"? If I wanted to ignore columns 1 thru 5 of the source members, then only report differences from column range 6 thru 80, or greater than column 6, etc. We often use columns 1 thru 5 for our own purposes and do not consider that data to be relevant for compare purposes.

Second, it would be nice to also add the capability to use something similar to the "OPTION" keyword of PDM 54 CMPPFM (i.e. *RPGLESRCCOL, *OMTRPGLECMT, etc.). This would help to weed out non-essential lines of code for comparison.
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Frank Hildebrandt
2014-09-26 07:19:27 UTC
Mike,

for the compare mode this should be possible. For the merge mode this isn`t.
We will add this feature request to our list.

Frank

Jeff Young
2014-09-30 20:46:28 UTC
Frank,
I would also like to add my $.02 to this regarding the column range on
compare.
Our standard is to use columns 1 - 5 for a change id, and it would be nice
to be able to compare the source based on just the actual code line only.

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

at http://archive.midrange.
Frank Hildebrandt
2014-10-01 07:50:58 UTC
Jeff,

this is not a big thing. We will realize this feature.

at http://archive.mid