Export filters from workspace
Jeff Young
2014-09-11 15:09:42 UTC
All,
RDi 9.0.1
Is there any way to export my existing filters and then import them to
another workspace?

My current workspace has a problem when I show the Remote Systems view in
any perspective other than IBM i editing in that it always opens a a full
screen width window, with no way to change its width.

Thanks,

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Tyler, Matt
2014-09-11 15:20:26 UTC
Copy folders starting at
"[workspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.rse.core\profiles\[profile_n
ame]" and replace all within your new workspace.

Where [workspace] is the folder path up to and including the workspace
folder and [profile_name] is something that is like
"PRF.[computername]_[somenumber]"

Thanks, Matt

Frank Hildebrandt
2014-09-11 15:19:51 UTC
Jeff,

probably tomorrow we will release the next version of our open source plugin
iSphere. There will be one new major feature in this iSphere release. We
call it iSphere RSE Filter Management. With this feature you can export all
or specific filters from your workspace to an external XML file. We call
this XML file the repository. From the repository you can import all or
specific filters to your workspace.

Frank

Jeff Young
2014-09-11 15:34:27 UTC
Frank,
That is worth waiting for.
Mat, I will try your suggestion also.

Thanks

Jeff Young
Sr. Programmer Analyst

Before posting, please take a moment to review the archiv
Paul Bailey
2014-09-12 08:49:22 UTC
That will be useful! Thanks Frank.

I'd be interested in a feature to convert a member filter to/from an object filter. Using this I could check the objects related to the source I am working on quickly and easily, or find the source for a list of objects without having to check the module source for each module in turn. If someone knows of a way to do this already, then I would be grateful to hear about it.

-Paul.

--
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WDSCI-L-request-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org

This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WDSCI-L-request-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org

Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net

Important, this email transmission and any files with it are strictly confidential to the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of BHSF. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, disclose or distribute its contents in any way. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.

We have taken steps to ensure this email and attachments are free from any virus but do not accept any responsibility once this e-mail has been transmitted. You should scan any attachments for viruses. No contract may be concluded on behalf of BHSF Limited by e-mail.

Registered Office: BHSF Limited, Gamgee House, 2 Darnley Road, Birmingham, B16 8TE. www.bhsf.co.uk Registered in England number 35500. BHSF Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.