Remap Enter Key
Jon Paris
2014-09-09 15:46:09 UTC
I'm sure this has been discussed here before but the only reference I can find was unanswered.

I want to re-map the Enter key to be equivalent to a new line. I can't see a key action for that but by combining down and home it would be the same thing - but while I can see how to specify multiple key sequences to trigger an action I can't see how to trigger multiple actions from one key combo. Surely that can be done.

Any suggestions?

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Tyler, Matt
2014-09-09 16:14:29 UTC
Go to preferences
LPEX
User Key Actions
Key = Enter
Action = newLine
Press Set button
Press Ok

When ever you press Enter now the cursor will go to the home position of
the next line.

Thanks, Matt

Tyler, Matt
2014-09-09 17:43:25 UTC
Ah, Okay so this did not work for RPG code. I get enterRPG with this
command "query keyAction.Enter" when LPEX edits a RPG source. I had
tested on another source type.

So "query keyAction.s-Enter" returns newLine as the action, so maybe no
need to remap after all.

Thanks, Matt

Eric Simpson
2014-09-09 17:51:31 UTC
RPG is a bit different. In the ILE RPG preference page, you have to turn
off RPG-specific Enter key behaviour if you want to override the Enter key.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Simpson
Rational Developer for i - Rational Developer for
AIX and Linux - Rational Developer for Power
IBM Software Group - Canada Lab
Phone: 905-413-3226 (T/L: 313-3226)
esimpson-G1DYhSM1WHTQT0dZR+***@public.gmane.org

From: "Tyler, Matt" <matt.tyler-ASS2j2sx/***@public.gmane.org>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Clientfor System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>
Date: 09/09/2014 01:45 PM
Sent by: "WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>

Jon Paris

Jon Paris

paultherrien
2014-09-09 17:58:53 UTC
s-Enter (shift -Enter) seems to just move the cursor to the next line of the
source code. The cursor ends up near the first column of the next line, but
never quite at the first column.

'Enter' in my version of RDP DOES insert a new line. If I am in a source
program with a fixed format line it creates a new line for the same type of spec
I was just on.
On free format code it just enters a new blank line. It does not affect the
line that I was editing.
(and on an sql spec 'ENTER' reformats the SQL statement and inserts a new line
after the sql spec. Shift-Enter also reformats the current sql spec and then
moves to the next line.)
--
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Jon Paris
2014-09-09 17:49:50 UTC
Nope - doesn't do a thing Matt. It still positions aligned with the text in the line I was on when I hit <Enter>. Only notable change is that it isn't inserting blank on <Enter>

I even turned the "Repeat Spec Type on Enter" feature off in the hope that that would fix it but it still behaves the same way. I also closed all open source and reopened them and then relaunched RDi but still no change.

Maybe there is another feature I have to disable?

.

Buck Calabro
2014-09-09 20:43:00 UTC
Post by Jon Paris
I'm sure this has been discussed here before but the only reference I can find was unanswered.
I want to re-map the Enter key to be equivalent to a new line. I can't see a key action for that but by combining down and home it would be the same thing - but while I can see how to specify multiple key sequences to trigger an action I can't see how to trigger multiple actions from one key combo. Surely that can be done.
Any suggestions?
I think you'll have to write your own action and map it to the Enter key.

I posted a simple (very simple!) Action to move the cursor to the prefix
area in the wiki: http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/RDP_ToPrefixArea
--buck
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Jon Paris