Save toolbar
Justin Taylor
2014-09-10 13:15:45 UTC
Does this silence mean that no one else has seen this issue, or that I'm the only one trying to rearrange the toolbar?

How do I save my toolbar? I rearrange the groups of buttons the way I want, but they never seem to stay that way.

Thanks

RDi 9.1
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Stuart Rowe
2014-09-10 15:25:58 UTC
You may be the only one! I (and many others) do not display the toolbar at
all, much less try to configure it.

Stu
Justin Taylor
2014-09-10 16:34:48 UTC
The one I care about is the stop button for debugging. In prior versions, it was part of the Debug view. In 9.1, it was moved to the toolbar and defaults to the far right (even right of my open perspectives). I drag it left so it's just above the Debug view and it stays there for a bit. Then at some point it always moves back.

I tried doing a save, and I'll see what happens.

Siegrist, Dawn (Penske)
2014-09-10 19:10:38 UTC
The only thing I remember having to do was to select the option to "Show Debug Toobar" (yes, it's misspelled in the actual product), and then I had the debug options that I needed when debugging.

[cid:image001.png-6gIP9X9M17XXYTRhQ/***@public.gmane.org]

Dawn Siegrist
Penske
Systems Analyst

T 610-775-6243
F 610-603-8402
E Dawn.Siegrist-UlM5fEnBvGvQT0dZR+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:Dawn.Siegrist-UlM5fEnBvGvQT0dZR+***@public.gmane.org>
GoPenske.com

PO Box 563
Reading PA 19603-0563 USA

--

This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:WDSCI-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org> To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,

or email: WDSCI-L-request-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:WDSCI-L-request-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>

at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Justin Taylor
2014-09-10 20:50:53 UTC
Perfect! The Debug Toobar was what I was trying to emulate.

Tyler, Matt
2014-09-10 16:06:39 UTC
Did you try saving your perspectives after making the change to the tool
bar layout (either as the same name or a new name)?

By the way, I could not get my new debug perspective to be the one
activated when I started debugging so I stopped using different
perspectives than the installed defaults.

Thanks, Matt

Kurt Anderson
2014-09-10 16:14:20 UTC
I have had problems with the toolbar not saving the configuration. My current setup which did save was to have a toolbar at the very bottom of the RDi window and that's where I put the things I use.

I mainly didn't respond before because while I've had issues, I can't recall what exactly they were and the steps I took to resolve or get around the issue.

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Application Development, Service Delivery Platform

This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,