CTRL-F Find default
Elden Fenison
2014-09-02 16:29:00 UTC
At least one person on this list whined rather loudly about the Find (ctrl-F) operation not searching for text that was currently selected. So apparently a modification was made to RDi to do this in the last round of changes. However this modification broke the previous functionality. To me this is a regression.
Before this mod, when one did a Find... the default would be to bring up whatever the last search string was. Perfect! But alas, no more. Now if you have nothing selected and do a Find, the find string is blank without regard to what you may have searched for prior to that.

Might I suggest that it would be reasonable, if there is no selected text, to revert to the prior behavior where it shows whatever the prior search string was?
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Justin Taylor
2014-09-02 18:03:25 UTC
Mine already functions like you suggest. I don't remember having to configure it, but I can't discount the possibility.

Elden Fenison
2014-09-02 23:21:33 UTC
Thanks Justin. Much to my surprise I was not on 9.1 but rather 9.0.1. Now that I've upgraded, all is well.

--
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message email: WDSCI-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: WDSCI-L-request-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org