Topic Not Found
Kurt Anderson
2014-09-18 13:10:16 UTC
So last week I was given a new desktop to remote into. I have RDi 9.1 running on it with the outline testfix. Now it seems that help does not work. I keep getting Topic Not Found. And any search I do within the help on RPG topics doesn't get a match. I found a thread on 9.01 and saw that deleting the c:\users\name\.eclipse folder resolved the issue, but that didn't resolve the issue for me at 9.1.

Any suggestions barring a complete reinstall?

Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst - Application Development, Service Delivery Platform
[cid:image002.jpg-R9aP/***@public.gmane.org]
web: www.customcall.com<http://www.customcall.com/> | email: kanderson-jfrO6TLpcI1Wk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org<mailto:kanderson-jfrO6TLpcI1Wk0Htik3J/***@public.gmane.org>

A Division of Enghouse Systems Ltd.<http://www.enghouse.com/> (TSX:ESL)
at http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l.
Tyler, Matt
2014-09-18 14:20:24 UTC
Have you looked at the Help settings?

My settings...
Help -> Content
Name URL
IBM Rational Developer for I
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAE4W_9.10

Help -> EXEC Statements
"Product documentation access:" "On the Internet"
"Host" "publib.boulder.ibm.com"

If you change your help to the internet you might get access.

Thanks, Matt

Kurt Anderson
2014-09-18 14:49:45 UTC
Hi Matt,

I didn't think of looking into Help settings. So from your comment, I ended up in Preferences > Help > Local Help Updater. I selected "Enable automatic updates." I set the path to "C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP 9.1\help" After I did this, I restarted RDi and it spent quite some time initializing help and ultimately got all of the help information I needed.

In the settings, I didn't see how to change the help to be internet and not local.

Thanks for the help,

Paul Bailey
2014-09-18 14:24:08 UTC
It's a long shot, but all searches in RDI help are failing? If so then check your eclipse.ini (same location as the eclipse.exe that your RDI shortcut points to) and add this to it:
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

I had huge problems with help taking forever and then showing something which might have been "topic not found" if I remember correctly, but this ini file entry stopped that problem and made help work for me again.

-Paul.